Skip to content

Carbon Monoxide Suspected In Two Revere Deaths

Carbon Monoxide Suspected  In Two Revere Deaths

The Clark County Sheriffs’ Office reports the Saturday morning deaths of two males were caused by a faulty furnace.  The Sheriffs office received a phone call at approximately 10:35 am that their were two men unconscious in a house 1.3 miles north of Revere on Rt DD.  Revere Fire dept, Clark County Rescue and Ambulance and the Clark County Sheriffs office along with Air Evac were all dispatched to the scene.  Clark County Coroner Edwin Wilson pronounced the deaths at 11:28am.   
The deceased are Lewis Joseph Swank, age 68 of Revere, MO and Robin Joel McClean, age 52 of Lenir, North Carolina.  The preliminary cause of death determined by Coroner Edwin Wilson was Carbon Monoxide poison awaiting the final toxicology report.
Sheriff Gaudette would like to remind everyone to make sure that furnaces are in proper working condition. Please make sure to check or purchase a carbon monoxide and smoke detectors for this winter season.