Skip to content

Trailer Fire In Rural Clark County Claims The Life of Two Small Children And Leaves Family Homeless

By Kevin Fox

Early Saturday morning at 3:12 a.m., a call came into the Clark County Sheriff’s Dispatch Center reporting a trailer house fire six miles west of Revere off Rt. NN on a gravel road at the Anthony and Jackie Ball residence.
Clark County Rural Fire was paged at 3:12 and responded with a pumper, tanker, two brush trucks, and the equipment. According to Lary Fountain, Clark County Rural Fire Chief, "When we arrived, the trailer for the most part was already engulfed in flames!" They requested Revere Fire for Mutual Aid with Revere receiving the page at 3:26 a.m. Revere responded with their pumper, two tankers and eighteen firefighters / first responders.
According to Mickey Davis, Revere Fire Chief, "Anthony and Jackie along with their baby Caleb were asleep in the rear bedroom and managed to escape through a window to exit the trailer. A wall of fire restricted the access for them to get to the two children, Felicity 4, and Taylor who was not quite 2, who were sleeping in the living room. Attempts were made by breaking a window in the living room area to gain access to the two children by the father, but the intense heat from the fire made it impossible. The children perished.
Anthony received injuries from attempting to rescue the children, he was treated on the scene by Clark County Ambulance, and Jackie was treated for breathing difficulties by the Ambulance and Revere First Responders. Baby Caleb was flown to Quincy Hospital and checked for smoke inhalation and was released back to the grandparents."
Other responders to the scene were: Clark County Rescue, Wayland Fire for water support, Life Flight, Missouri State Fire Marshall’s Office, Clark County Coroner, and Clark County Sheriff’s Department.
Clark County Fire and other responders were on the scene until 5:45 and Revere Fire remained on the scene to assist the Fire Marshall until 9:20 a.m. the Fire Marshall determined that the fire started in the wood stove area of the home.
See FIRE, Page 12
At press time there have been many generous donations of food and clothes along with a few household items.
The family is still in need of items to begin setting up housekeeping such as, furniture, appliances and such. Monetary donations are also needed for the family to assist in paying for the funerals and medical expenses along with money to restart their life again.
Clothing sizes and needs for the three are, baby Caleb – 6-9, diapers size 3, and fat nipple baby bottles blue or purple lids, baby wipes and Enfamil formula. Jackie’s sizes are, Shoe size – 9, socks, pants size 10, Shirts – large and size 7 bikini underwear. Anthony’s sizes are: Shoes – size 10 ½, socks, pants – 32-34, and shirts – large. Anyone wishing to donate items may call the Revere Firehouse phone at 660-948-2000 and leave a message with a number, and fire department members will be checking the machine at least daily. Any monetary donations may be sent to the Revere Fire Dept.-Anthony Ball Fund, P.O. 181, and Revere, Missouri 63465.
Chief Davis added, "The Revere Fire Dept, would like to send out our prayers and deep heart felt sympathy to Anthony and Jackie along with family and friends for their tragic loss and to help them get through these trying times”.