On Monday evening, November 18, at 729 pm, a structure fire was reported in the 400 Block of East Main Street in Kahoka, to the Clark County Dispatch Center. The Kahoka Fire Department responded with mutual aid received from Clark County Fire Corp and Wayland Fire Department.
On arrival, an all-terrain vehicle was found engulfed with flames, inside of a detached garage. Thinking quickly, the property owner closed the garage doors, limiting the spread of the fire. First arriving firefighters quickly pulled a pre-connect attack line to attack the fire from the rear of the garage. As additional firefighters arrived, thermal imagery and volunteer firefighters checked for spread of fire damage and hot spots inside the garage and on the roof. The vehicle, identified as a project vehicle, is believed to be total losses. The property owner will work with their insurance agent to determine the amount of damage to the garage itself. Per the property owner, the fire started in the wiring area of the all-terrain vehicle and quickly spread. Luckily there were no injuries reported as a result of the fire.
The Kahoka Fire Department wishes to thank Wayland Fire Department, Clark County Fire Corp, Kahoka Police Department, the Clark County Sheriff’s Office, and the Clark County Dispatch for their presence and assistance, as well as the volunteer firefighters who responded to the call.