If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Unapproved Minutes of the Kahoka City Council Meeting, May 10, 2021
The Board of Aldermen met in regular session at 6:00 pm on May 10, 2021 in the meeting room at City Hall, 250 N Morgan Kahoka Missouri. Mayor Webber called the meeting to order and roll call was answered by: Mayor Jerry Webber and Aldermen: Larry Young, Les Billings, John Gaus and Joe Roberts. Also present was Sandy Kleine, Sheri Brunk, Attorney Brett Bozarth, Kyle Pociask/Four Points Surveying, Water Supervisor Kevin Yates, Police Chief Bill Conger, Fire Chief Blomgren, Program Director John Williams, Distribution Designer Chuck Kerner and City Clerk Sandie Hopp.
April 12 & 27 minutes were presented for approval. Alderman Roberts moved to accept as presented, Alderman Billings seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
Paid & Unpaid Bills
Alderman Billings made a motion to approve the paid & unpaid bills as presented, Alderman Gaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
8-2021: David & Lori Hamner, 515 Newton Avenue
Mayor Webber presented building permits #8-2021, Alderman Roberts made a motion to pass permits #8-2021, Alderman Gaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
• Filtration System: Kyle Pociask/Four Points Surveying & Engineering presented for the Boards review a Preliminary Engineering report to the Board for the Water Treatment Plant Improvements.
• Clerk Election: Mayor Webber recommended Sandie Hopp be elected City Clerk. Alderman Roberts made a motion to elect Sandie Hopp as City Clerk, seconded by Alderman Young. Motion passed with a roll call vote as follows: Aldermen Young-aye, Alderman Billings-aye, Alderman Yoder-aye and Alderman Roberts-aye.
• Appointments: Mayor Webber made the following appointments: Attorney-Brett Bozarth, Treasurer-Kelly Logsdon, Collector-Lori Hogan, Police Chief-Bill Conger, Fire Chief-Chris Bloomgren, Cemetery Sexton-John Hume, Mayor Pro-tem Larry Young, Farm Committee, Lagoon & Irrigation Committee-Alderman Billings & Alderman Roberts, Water & Sewer Committee- Alderman Roberts & Alderman Gaus, Street Committee- Alderman Roberts & Alderman Billings, Fire Committee- Alderman Gaus & Alderman Young, Police Committee- Alderman Roberts & Alderman Gaus, Pool Committee- Alderman Young & Alderman Billings, Electric Committee– Alderman Billings & Alderman Roberts, Parks Committee- Alderman Young & Alderman Billings, Cemetery Committee- Alderman Young, Airport Committee- Alderman Young & Alderman Gaus and Investments Committee- Alderman Roberts & Alderman Gaus. Alderman Roberts made a motion to accept Mayor Webber’s appointments, Alderman Billings seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
Clark Co Memorial-$8,875.00
Alderman Young stated that the bid was to repair 20 stones, a couple of doubles stones and a couple which will need brackets attached to stabilize the stones. Alderman Young made a motion to accept the bid of $8,875.00 from Clark Co Memorial, Alderman Roberts seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
Police Chief Conger:
Chief Conger read the monthly police report.
Fire Chief Blomgren:
Chief Blomgren gave the monthly fire report and updated the Board on various training opportunities the department had participated in.
• Pickle ball fence: Alderman Billings proposed purchasing used chain link fence from Dave Huston to put up around at the new pickle ball net. Alderman Roberts made a motion to purchase used chain link fencing from David Huston for $650.00, Alderman Gaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
• Volleyball Nets: Alderman Billing brought forth a request from a citizen to replace the volleyball nets at Omakohak Park. Through general consent the Board agreed to purchase new volleyball nets for Omakohak Park.
Sewer to Fairground:
Mayor Webber stated that he had spoke with Mr Troutman about an easement to lay sewer across the north edge of his property in order to get the City’s sewer main to the Fairground. Mr Troutman agreed to take the issue under consideration. Through general consent the Board agreed to waive his sewer connection fee if Mr Troutman agreed to give the City an easement to cross his property.
Helipad: Alderman Gaus stated that no further funding will be coming for the Helipad from other agencies. Alderman Young made a motion to table the Helipad, Alderman Billings seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
Cemetery: Alderman Young stated that all but 3 flagpoles have been purchased and some community members have offered to purchase some of the flags to be flown on the new memorial flag poles at the Cemetery.
Planting trees in the park: Alderman Roberts brought forth a request from the Christmas committee to plant a couple of evergreen trees in the City Park. Through general consent the Board agreed to their request.
Alderman Billings left the meeting 7:10
Alderman Roberts made a motion to go into closed session pursuant to Section 610.021 (1 & 3), RSMO, Supplement 1994, Alderman Young seconded. Roll call vote was as follows: Alderman Young-aye and Alderman Roberts-aye.
In closed session the Board discussed legal and personnel issues.
Alderman Roberts made a motion to go out of closed and into open session, Alderman Young seconded. Roll call vote was as follows: Alderman Gaus-aye, Alderman Roberts-aye and Alderman Young-aye.
Alderman Young made a motion to adjourn, Alderman Gaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.